We have provided information below to help you successfully set up and promote your race.
End of March
- Venue name
- Event application
60 days prior
- WCA Team Application
- WCA Race Application
- Venue contract/Park permit
- Flyer (PDF, JPG, PNG)
- USAC Permit
- USAC Race Director’s License
- USAC Insurance
- BikeReg page
30 days prior
14 days prior
- Coordinate trailer
- Coordinate with neutral support
- Send promotional material, listed below, to WICX Series organizers:
- Current photos and videos, images from previous races, and other promotional resources
- Course map
- Parking info
- Numbers on your LEFT/RIGHT
- Food and drink options
- Last-minute instructions
1 day prior
- Set up race course
Permitting and registration
In order to officially list your race into the Wisconsin Cyclocross Series, you need to get a permit, set up registration, and add your information to our series website. This means submitting your race information to 3 different places:
- Get a permit through USA Cycling (at least 2 months before your event)
- Set up registration via BikeReg so participants can register
- Add your race to Wisconsin Cyclocross Series website
- You can also add your event to the Facebook calendar
Unfortunately there is a little bit of a chicken-and-egg situation where you need a USA Cycling permit number for BikeReg and a BikeReg URL for USA Cycling.
Thus, the best approach is to:
- Set up your event on BikeReg to reserve your URL (ignore the sanctioning body permit number for now).
If you have previously set up an event through BikeReg, you can duplicate the event and re-use the URL (or create a new one). However, please pay attention to the changes in the new daily schedule.
- Create your flyer
- Once your event is saved at your URL is reserved, apply for your USA Cycling permit. It may take up to 72 hours to get your permit number.
- Once you receive your permit, you can add it to your BikeReg event.
- You can also add your permit number and BikeReg URL to your flyer and re-upload to USA Cycling.
For early season races, this process should be started ASAP.
Setting up registration via BikeReg
For the sake of series consistency, please maintain patterns established below.
Event Registration Closed Notes:
“Pre-reg is now closed, but you can still race on the day. Bring $45 (cash or check) and arrive at least an hour before your selected category’s start time. More information on how to prep for your race can be found here: https://wicxseries.com/pre-race-prep/”
Public Display Date
8/1/2021 (or earlier)
1500 people total, 100/race.
Participants CAN change their category.
Participants CANNOT transfer registrations.
Adding Event Categories
Event Categories will have to be added manually by each promoter. For consistency’s sake, please use a similar name format:
Category – Gender – Age
2022 race cost:
Cat 1/2 – Women – All Ages: $30
Cat 1/2/3 – Open/Men – All Ages: $30
The Wednesday before your race at 11:59pm
Cat 1/2 – Women – All Ages: $75/$50/$25 (minimum)
Cat 1/2/3 – Open/Men – All Ages: $75/$50/$25 (minimum)
Permitting via USA Cycling
You’ll need to re-submit most of this information to USA Cycling, as well as provide additional information, such as an event flyer. The base cost to permit a race is $100.
What is your maximum payout for one category at your event?
The minimum is $150 ($75 + $50 +$25) but this may be different for your event.
Who will handle registration, Collection of signed Waivers and license verification?
Wisconsin Cycling Association via BikeReg
Listing at least 4 Event Incentives will grant you a lower insurance fee. The WCA provides these incentives:
- Dedicated Junior Race
- Dedicated Women’s Race
- Prize Money Equality
- Upload Results within 48 hours
- Utilize BikeReg
We encourage you to provide as many additional incentives as you can, to make your race as welcoming and exciting as possible.
Submitting to wicxseries.com
You will also need to submit your event email@example.com to the Wisconsin Cyclocross Series website. All submitted races will appear on the schedule page. You may ask to change your URL to something different, if you desire.
- A description of features, sponsors, and offerings for your event.
- Provide an event image (1200px x 1200px)
- Promoter info, such as organizer name, logo, website and important social handles
Send your promotional material to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post and promote it! We have provided promotional templates to make it easier for you to set up and promote your events. Download them here.