Purpose of WICX Committee
The WICX Committee will grow and maintain participation in cyclocross (CX) through standards, rules, and guidelines for the WICX Series and in alignment with the following mission and goals.
Mission of the WICX Committee
- Engage cyclocross enthusiasts and fanatics;
- Attract beginner cyclocross racers;
- Expose cyclocross to a larger audience;
- To grow the sport of cyclocross in Wisconsin.
Goals of the WICX Committee
- Create a full season of high-quality racing with improved competition at races.
- Increase overall number of participants and frequency of participation.
- Provide a welcoming community, convenient race locations, and a fun atmosphere to appeal to beginner and recreational cyclocross racers.
- Provide competitive fields, challenging courses, well-laid out venues, and well-administered races to satisfy more competitive cyclocross racers.
- Create a broader exposure of Wisconsin Cyclocross to the general public through web presence and marquee events.
- Create a series that prepares competitive racers for the regional and national levels.
- Erin Feldhausen
- Travis Gruchow
- Jason McDowell
- Nathan Phelps
- Julie Phelps
- Casey Hildebrandt
- Karl Galko
- Ethan Ley
For the racers
For the promoters
- WICX Series Race Promoter Guidelines – For the race directors
- Paper day-of waivers from USA Cycling – For the race directors to print and the racers to sign. NOTE: Waivers change regularly, so make sure you are always using the most up-to-date version. (Current version: Feb 2022)
- Social size guideline templates – For race promotion