Pre-race testing and screening
All participants should strive to receive a vaccine prior to any any event in our series. If you are not vaccinated, please get a COVID-19 test prior to attending any event in our series. If you are unable to get a test, please ensure – at the very minimum – that you are symptom free.
Masks and face coverings
For the safety of our community, volunteers, athletes and families, please wear a mask or face covering at all times (except during a race). This includes registration, check-in, awards, and any other time near others.
If you do not want to wear a mask or face covering during the times specified above, do not attend this event. You will be unable to register, check-in, or stand on the podium.
Please note that the information from the CDC is changing as vaccines become available. We will update our COVID-19 protocols accordingly. Please check back for updates as we get closer to our series dates.
Best practices according to USA Cycling
- Do not participate if you feel sick or ill, have a fever or experiencing flu-like symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 or is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Consult your physician before participating if you are from high-risk groups for COVID-19 complications.
- Obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR test within three days of arrival at the event, no matter where you live. You must receive a negative test result to participate, regardless of whether you’ve previously tested positive for COVID-19 and are now testing negative or have had a COVID-19 vaccine. This requirement may change dependent upon the future progression of the pandemic.
- Sign participant COVID protocol agreement.
- Complete a daily self-health check and temperature scan where required at the venue.
- Minimize community contact for 14 days before travel.
- Wear a mask at all times except when actively eating/drinking, training, or competing.
- Practice social distancing outside of the actual training or competition.
- Practice team and family bubbles, and if possible, stay in lodging with only those in your traveling group.
- Adhere to the no-contact policy on-site, aka no hugs, high fives, etc.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol after using the restroom, coaching/sneezing, blowing your nose, eating, or when required on site.
- Do not share water bottles, hydration packs, helmets, etc.
- Cover your mouth if you need to cough or sneeze, do not spit around others, and avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, or mouth.
Each event-specific COVID-19 protocol will identify a local testing location if participants cannot receive a test in their home state. Receiving a negative test is still required before participation in the event.